The closest isolated MCPCB performance to copper Direct Thermal Path MCPCB. The dielectric thermal conductivity used may seem low in performance at only 7,5 W/MK. But it's ultra thin 10µm (0,01mm) thickness makes the thermal resistance superior to the brittle and expensive Aluminun Nitride which needs much more thickness to be reliable. The dielectric layer also will not delaminate even when the solder mask already damaged unlike most other non DTP boards.
This 21mm board designed specifically for 4 pcs Nichia 757 family including Optisolis). Parallel only configuration.
At a first glance this MCPCB might seems overkill since the thermal resistance of the MCPCB is so much lower than the Nichia 757 LED itself, but it's not. Parallel configuration in widely spaced LED while common, is not the best way to get evenly lit LEDs due to forward voltage variation between LEDs. The ultra low thermal resistance of the MCPCB ensures minimal temperature difference between the four widely spaced LEDs.
- Very high performance beyond what can be achieved compared to normal isolated non DTP MCPCB in such a compact footprint.
- Careful solder pad design ensure precise LED positioning while DIY reflow soldering very easy. No more solder overflow bumps that could impede optic positioning.
- Almost invisible (from afar and when lit) yellow marking for enhanced aesthetic
- Bright reflective white solder mask
- Very thin solder mask for minimum solder bond line
- Copper pads plating: OSP to get every last bit of thermal performance
- Routed outline, not punched to get the flattest possible bottom.
- Designed for Carclo 106xx TIR optics. Works perfectly fine with all Nichia 757 family. For Nichia Optisolis only Carclo 10623 and 10624 work satisfactorily. Carclo 10621 and 10622 cast ugly beam with strong tint shift.
MCPCB's general specifications:
- MCPCB diameter 21mm ±0,1mm
- MCPCB thickness: 2mm ±0,1mm
- Dielectric thickness: 20µm ±3µm
- Dielectric thermal conductivity: 7,5W/MK
- Copper trace: 35µm for better reflow process
- Solder mask thickness: 15µm ±5µm
- Anode – cathode gap: 0,2mm
- For manual reflow we strongly suggest Pb63Sn37 solder paste. Poorer wetting of leadfree solder paste requires precise dispensing and LEDs placement.
- The ultra thin solder mask/solder resist is somewhat fragile, especially in hot temperature during reflow process. Avoid any hard and sharp objects on it.
- Solder mask is rated to survive multiple reflows up to 300°C only for a brief moment (< 30 seconds). Prolonged high temperature exposure above 240°C will make it less white while still functional
- Soldering LED wire can be difficult because the board is very thermally conductive.
- Fixes: Use more powerful solder iron with as big as possible tip, pre-heat the base (or the case/host), use intermediate wire (solder a short slave wire to the pad first).
For additional cost, we can solder any suitable LED(s) on the MCPCB. Please buy the LED(s) first and then buy the soldering service. We'll reflow the MCPCB using LED in your cart.
Use the product picture and leave the instruction in the "special instruction" field (optional). Check here